Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 2 cups small cubed sweet potato
- 350g diced frozen vegetables (I used peas, carrot, corn, beans, broccoli)
- 2 x 555g can Baked beans in BBQ Sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1 x 420g can condensed tomato soup (I use Heinz salt reduced)
- Meatballs - small raw beef. I used 2 trays of 20 (40 total)
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- — To serve
- Grated Parmesan to garnish
- 1 fried egg per person to serve
- Crusty buttered bread stick slices (we like thick cut Turkish Garlic Loaf
- Add sweet potato, frozen vegetables, beans, and soup to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Place raw meatballs on top.
- Cook on low for 2.5hrs then gently stir again to mix meatballs through the other mix, now that they have firmed up.
- Continue to cook for another 1.5hrs on low.
- Stir through spinach leaves and leave to cook for remaining 30mins, still on low.
- Total cook time is 4.5hrs.
- Serve with a scattering of Parmesan, a soft cooked egg on top, and fresh buttered bread to soak up the sauce!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!