Submitted by Simon Christie
Country tomato sausage casserole with bacon
- 8 thin beef sausages
- 200g diced bacon
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes (ardmona basil & garlic)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- Quarter teaspoon dried thyme
- Quarter teaspoon ground sage leaves
- Throw it all in and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 5hrs on low
- Serve with fresh veges and creamy mashed potatoes.
- (Brown sausages with garlic and onion beforehand if desired)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
5 thoughts on “Country tomato sausage casserole with bacon”
Loved it!!! It was sooooooo tasty, simple n easy to make n goes very well with creamy mash n steamed vegies!!! Will definitely be making this again, very soon lol 😛 thanx for sharing your recipe Simon 😉
Made this today and my husband and I both loved it. So easy to prepare. And very tasty. Will definitely be making it again.
This was quick and easy to prepare. Even the kids loves it as they went back for seconds. It was very delicious will definitely make again
Can I replace the diced tin of tomatoes with a bottle of passata.
I’d go for half a bottle Maria, just so it’s not too much liquid 🙂