Submitted by Robyn Clark
Corn Dogs (SC Style)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar ( can add 1/2 cup if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup creamed corn.
- 1 packet skinless hotdogs ( I used Dons because they were on special)
- Melt the butter and whisk through the sugar
- Add the eggs and whisk.
- Add the buttermilk ( dissolve the bicarb in the buttermilk) and whisk again.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well until no lumps. Then fold in the creamed corn.
- Place in your lined SC and arrange 1-2 cm pieces of hotdog into the batter. Stand them up NOT long ways. Tea towel under the lid and cook on High for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and sprinkle top with grated cheese (optional). Replace lid and cook a further hour on High .
- Brown top under the grill .
- Allow to cool slightly and then cut into squares (or any shapes) .
- Serve with sauce and sit back and watch the Footy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!