Submitted by Chelsea Limmer
- 1 teaspoon coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 175g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon butter, softened (don't melt)
- 2 tablespoons water (depending on the texture of the icing that you like)
- 2 teaspoons coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoons of hot water.
- Dissolve coffee in the boiling water.
- Cream butter, sugar, coffee mixture and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and fold a little at a time into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour into a lined warm sc.
- I used baking paper that was scrunched up and slightly wet. I also sprayed the baking paper with coconut oil.
- I cooked it on high for one hour, then low for about 30 minutes. I think next time I will cook on high for about 30 minutes and an hour or so on low. My slow cooker (6L) runs pretty hot.
- Once cooled, add the icing... as per icing ingredients mixed
- Crush some walnuts on top to decorate.
- Sit back with a cuppa coffee and slice of cake and enjoy!!!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!