Submitted by Christine Wescombe
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1-2 Tbsp of your favorite coffee
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- Cream the butter and sugar together and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix until well combined.
- In a cup dissolve coffee in the hot water and add the milk.
- Add flour to the butter mixture then add the coffee/milk as well and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the cake batter in a loaf tin. Put a bit of hot water in the sc bowl and a couple of egg rings and pop the loaf tin on top.
- Cook for 1.5 hrs on high with tea towel under lid. I used my 6L slow cooker and a loaf tin for this.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think