Submitted by Katie Wicking
Coconut Rough Creamed Rice
- 1 cup of rice (suggest white medium grain)
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of sugar (suggest brown)
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk choc melts / choc chips
- Place all ingredients (except choc melts / choc chips) in slow cooker. Stir through. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring once or twice in the first hour then regularly in the last 45 mins so it doesn't catch on the bottom.
- Consistency should be quite creamy. If it looks like it's getting a bit dry just add some more milk.
- Just before serving stir through choc melts / choc chips. They will melt very quickly.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge to serve cold the next day.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Coconut Rough Creamed Rice”
Amazing!!!!! I used a 270 ml can of coconut cream and put in extra choc… yum!!