Submitted by Lynda Harding
Coconut Chicken Curry
This recipe can be adjusted to taste, but the flavour is really enhanced if you fry your spices first.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 large carrots
- 6 small potatoes (cut into small chunks)
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger (from jar)
- 2 tbl spoons tomato puree
- 1 tbl spoon dark brown sugar
- About 24 curry leaves optional
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves optional
- 2 heaped dessert spoons mild curry powder
- 2 heaped dessert spoons hot curry powder
- (I found the combination makes a medium heat with all the flavour)
- 400ml can coconut cream
- Half a litre water with 2 dessert spoons Vegeta.
- 4 tbl spoons coconut oil.
- Use the coconut oil to fry onions till soft.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry leaves, curry powder, tomato paste and brown sugar and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegeta stock to prevent mixture sticking.
- Place chicken and veggies into slowcooker.
- Pour cooked sauce into slow cooker
- Add coconut cream and mix together.
- Crush the kaffir lime leaves in your hand and add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add extra chilli if you like it more spicy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!