Submitted by Kylie Fenech
Christmas Cake with a Twist
- 1kg Mixed Fruit (Sunbeam)
- 3 Cups of Iced Coffee
- 2 Cups of SR Flour (sifted)
- 1/3 Cup of your Favourite Red Wine
- 2 Sachets of Lipton Chai Latte
- 1 Packet of Glacé Cherries (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of Flaked Almonds (optional)
- Combine fruit, iced coffee, red wine and chai latte sachets in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hrs (fruit will absorb most of the liquid).
- Gently fold in SR flour until well combined.
- Spray or butter your baking tin well, line with cherries and almonds.
- Pour in fruit mixture, bang tin on bench to ensure even distribution as the mixture becomes quite thick.
- Place tin in Slow Cooker and fill half way with water.
- Cover with a tea towel under the lid and cook for 4 hrs on high.
- ENJOY 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think