Submitted by Amelia Cocks
Chocolate Mud Slide
- 200g block milk cooking choc
- 200g block dark cooking choc
- 250g butter
- 600ml water
- 3.5 cups SR. Flour
- 3 cups castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBS cocoa (optional)
- Melt butter, choc and water in a pot over water or in microwave. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Mix in a bowl flour, sugar and cocoa.
- Beat eggs with a fork.
- Whisk eggs in to cooled choc mix. Don't over beat.
- Mix wet ingredients in to dry. Mixture will be quite runny.
- Pour in to cake tin. I used a 25cm spring form and also got 8 cupcakes.
- Cook on high for around 2-3 hours until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Keep checking after 2 hours.
- I sat it in my 6lt cooker on a pie case with a little water in the bottom and tea towel under lid. Don't let cake tin sit in the water though.
- Cover with Ganache-
- 150g choc
- 300ml cream
- Bring cream to boil in saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Let cool slightly and pour over cake starting from the Middle.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think