Submitted by Desiree Kingi
Chocolate Date Cake
- 1 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or white sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup cacao nibs or choc bits
- In a small bowl, combine dates with boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Grease your cake tin
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Add flour mixture alternating with cooled date mixture. Fold in chopped nuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over top.
- Bake in slow cooker on high for 1.5 - 2hrs with tea towel under lid. Cake is ready when your kitchen starts to smell AMAZING and your mouth is watering.. oh and when a knife inserted comes out clean
- Why not check out our great blog on slow cooker cakes!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Chocolate Date Cake”
I made this cake this morning for breakfast and it turned out perfectly. Thanks a lot for the recipe!