Choc Chip Cake Slice
You've probably seen something similar to this easy and delicious, sweet treat being shared online as an oven bake recipe – we will show you today how to cook it in your slow cooker!
- 5L slow cooker – slow cooker size can be varied but cooking times will then vary
- Baking Paper
- Non stick oil spray
- 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker 540g box mix)
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams softened butter
- 350 grams chocolate drops
- Line slow cooker with baking paper and lightly spritz with non stick spray. Paper only needs to cover the bottom and an inch or two up the sides to allow for slice to rise.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour into slow cooker. Note you are not adding anything to the dry cake mix except the ingredients listed in THIS recipe. Ignore what the box says.
- Spread out a little to spread it over the base of your slow cooker. It will also spread itself as it cooks so don't worry if initially it's more central and not all the way to sides
- Cook on HIGH for 3hrs with tea towel trick in place.If you vary the size of the slow cooker used, the cooking time will of course vary due to thickness variations, so cook until springs back when touched lightly in centre. I used a 5L searing Breville slow cooker for my times.
- Using the paper to lift it out from the slow cooker. Note: It is quite soft when first comes out, and will stay a somewhat soft slice even after cooling. Allow to cool slightly then slice into approx 12 squares Store in cool dry place in sealed container or in fridge if you prefer.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Choc Chip Cake Slice”
Wow 😮 I made this for the 1st time today n it was delicious, very moorish!!! I just used the Woolies brand vanilla cake mix (340g) n I didn’t have many milk choc chips left so threw some white choc chips in too n it turned out great except it burnt around the edges 😕 I should’ve known better about cooking it in my 5 litre Kmart sc as it cooks hot so next time I’ll cook it on low instead of high so therefore I only cooked it for about 1 1/2 hrs (on high) instead of 3 hrs as stated in recipe but will definitely cook it again 😊, ‘twas still yummy once I cut the burnt bits off though lol 😍🤪👌🏼