Submitted by Simon Christie
Choc-Caramel Self Saucing Cake
- 1 and a 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 100 grams softened butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Combined sweetened condensed milk for entire recipe is one full tin 🙂
- Mix all cake ingredients together well with wooden spoon removing all lumps.
- Pour/scrape into a standard casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl combine sauce ingredients until all dissolved.
- *** *** ***
- Gently pour sauce over cake mix in your casserole dish.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil pressing around edges to seal. (You can use your casserole lid if cooker height permits)
- Place dish directly into slow cooker insert and put lid on.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH for two hours or until ready.
- You can check your dessert by peeling back foil and inserting a wooden skewer. If it comes out clean your cake is ready.
- Check your slow cooker manual regarding dry cooking.
- If you have a ceramic insert you can cover the base with water.
- Serve alone or with ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think