Submitted by Stacey Swords
Chipotle Mexican pulled beef
- 2 Tbs paprika (smoked would be best)
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tsp All Spice
- 1 Tsp coriander
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1.8 kg piece of blade steak (or chuck or brisket) cut into 4 chunks
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- Juice from 2 oranges
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 dried chipotle chili
- Olive oil for browning meat.
- Mix the spice mix together and rub half of it over the 4 chunks of meat.
- Brown meat in pan or slow cooker insert if you can. I did 2 at a time. Remove & repeat with remaining meat.
- Add more oil & quickly brown the onion & garlic. Put the meat back in & cover with the rest of the spice mix & all other ingredients. Meat should almost be covered.
- Add the dried chipotle chili whole so it can be removed later.
- cook it on high for 4 hours then low for 2 hours remove the beef & reduce the sauce to thicken it. Shred the beef using 2 forks & add the thickened sauce & enjoy in any way Mexican that takes your fancy!!! ?????
- I used my large slow cooker that has the insert which you can brown meat on the stove. (Sorry I don't know the exact size!)
- You can use this Mexican beef for anything! We have it as soft tacos.
- You don't have to reduce the sauce if you don't have time, it will still taste amazing!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!