Submitted by KellyRyan
Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tin of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chicken stock cube
- dried herbs of choice (Thyme works well)
- 1 tbsp. cornflour to thicken
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- egg white
- Place all vegetables and chicken in the slow cooker
- Cover with soup, crumble in the stock cube for extra flavour and gently stir together keeping the chicken covered with soup.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours then low for a further 30mins.
- In a mug, make a paste with 1 tbsp of cornflour and pan juices then stir in, along with your dried herbs.
- Continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes uncovered.
- Lightly grease and flour a baking pie dish. Line with puff pastry.
- Fill with chicken mix and cover with more puff, pinch together to seal it all together making a big pie pouch. Poke a couple of holes in the top and brush over some egg white (or use your fingers if u don't have a brush).
- Cook for about 25 mins in 180*c oven or just keep an eye on it until the puff is brown and crispy.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think