By Dani Doherty
Chicken Tikka with Lime and Mint
- 6 x chicken thighs
- 1 x can of light coconut cream
- 3/4 jar chicken Tikka paste
- Handful of fresh mint
- Couple of red chillies to your taste
- 2 fresh limes
- Cook the tikka paste along with the chicken in a pan until fragrant and the chicken has lightly browned.
- Once browned, place into the slow cooker with the coconut cream and mix well.
- Cut the limes and gently squeeze them before placing into the slow cooker.
- Add the fresh chillies to your taste ( leave them whole) and a handful of fresh mint, keep a few mint leaves to garnish at the end.
- Leave on low for 5 hours.
- Once cooked take the chicken out and chargrill on the BBQ each side for a few minutes.
- Serve with Asian greens or a fresh summer salad!
- Slow cooker size 5L
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Chicken Tikka with Lime and Mint”
Another winning dinner from this group!
Easy & fun to make with minimal ingredients, it sat in the slow cooker for about 6 hours then I popped it on a pan and served the sauce in a bowl to dip. I served with Asian salad and quinoa salad. It tasted better than the chicken tikka from my local Indian restaurant for below half the price. My other half told me it was the best thing I’ve ever made and he is my #1 fan when it comes to my cooking. The chicken was so tender (I used breasts)
Thank you for yet another great recipe!