Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 Swiss Mushrooms or large cap mushrooms
- Handful Spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/2 tblspn Thyme, fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, diced
- 50g Sundried Tomato, chopped
- 3 Bacon rashers, diced
- 1 or 2 Chicken thigh fillet, diced
- Punch cracked Pepper
- 50-100mls Vegetable stock (just enough to cover bottom of slow cooker bowl)
- Combine spinach, thyme, garlic, onion, tomatoes, bacon, chicken and pepper to make stuffing mix.
- Place mixture in mushrooms.
- Pour stock into slow cooker bowl.
- Place mushrooms in slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on high for 2-2.5hrs (Crockpot 3.5L sc)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms”
do you have to cook the chicken before you put it in the mushrooms or does it cook well when in the slowcooker? also, could you brown the chicken beforehand to get some colour on it?
I put everything in raw including the chicken and found it was all cooked evenly.
You could brown the chicken if you wish I just found it quicker and easier this way, cooking time may be slightly less if you do and obviously all slow cookers are different as well