Submitted by Christine Keevers
- 2 Chicken Carcasses
- 1 leek
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 Zucchini (optional, I just had it in the fridge)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs pepper corns
- 1 Tbs whole coriander
- Roughly chop the vegetables (I don't even bother peeling them) and throw them into the pot. Smash each of the garlic cloves so they are crunched to release the flavour.
- Toss the veggies together in the pot.
- Beat the crap out of the chicken with a meat tenderiser to break it up a bit. Place it in the pot on top of the veggies. Put in bay leaves, pepper corns and coriander.
- Fill to the top with water.
- Cook on low for as long as possible (mine will probably be cooked for about 12-14 hours).
- Allow to cool and strain the stock from the vegetables and chicken.
- Refrigerate to allow the excess fat to rise to the top and solidify. Scrape off and use in cooking.
- (It works amazingly for risotto)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!