Submitted by Kathryn Collins
- 3cups arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 600mls thickened cream
- Bunch of fresh asparagus cut approx 2cms long
- Bunch of shallots finely cut
- 300g mushrooms chopped
- 300g bacon diced
- 3 chicken breasts cut to bite sized pieces
- 4 or more teaspoons minced garlic
- Extra stock in case it gets too thick
- Parmasen cheese to serve
- Chop all ingredients , place in bowl, mix together.
- Cover with lid.
- Stir occasionally about every 30 mins if you can 🙂
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Chicken Risotto”
My arborio did not cook well on the slow cooker – theres about 2L of stock that i slowly added it and it now just looks like a porridge. Its been on for more than 9hrs. I could have precooked (halfway) the arborio rice – added salt too.