Submitted by Chris McInnes
- 1 red capsicum quartered and deseeded
- 1 yellow capsicum quartered and deseeded
- 1.5 kg chick thigh pieces ( you could also use chick thigh filets if you don't like the bone
- 2 brown onions halved cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 600ml jar pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry chicken stock powder
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives ( I have used green olives)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ( only use this if you are going to brown the pieces before placing in slow cooker)
- Preheat grill on high and place capsicum, skin side up under the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until charred and blistered.
- Transfer to sealed plastic bag .
- Set aside for 10 minutes this helps lift the skin. remove skin from capsicum and cut into thick strips. ( you could just put capsicum without peeling although I find that the taste and texture enhances the flavor.
- Heat oil in large fry pan brown the chicken half at a time for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Place chicken in slow cooker with the remainder of the ingredients except olives which are added 1/2 an hour before ready to serve.
- Cook 4 hours high or 6 hours low ( this is approx each slow cooker is different)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think