Submitted by Kathy Flatman
Chicken Pesto Penne
When the picture says it all!
- 350g penne pasta
- 500g chicken fillet thighs diced
- 5 lg shallots sliced
- 4 slices short cut bacon finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 300ml cooking cream
- 1 tin cream of chicken soup
- 190g jar basil pesto
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes sliced, reserve oil
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown chicken, garlic, bacon and shallots in reserved oil, in a pan if your slow cooker doesn't have a sear function
- Add all ingredients except pasta, spinach and cheeses. Combine well.
- Cook on low for 2 hrs
- Mean while boil pasta until just beginning to soften, drain and let cool.
- Add pasta to slow cooker, stir through.
- Place tea towel under the lid
- Cook on low for approximately 2 hrs or until pasta has expanded and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in baby spinach leaves.
- Layer with cheeses.
- Cook on low until cheese has melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!