Submitted by Larell Adney Strickland
Chicken Pasta With Buffalo Wing Sauce (Weight Watcher Friendly)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used mild) (1/4 cup now, 1/4 cup later)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped or diced onion
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water
- 13.25 ounces linguine pasta, uncooked
- Place chicken, broth, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, seasonings and onion into crock.
- Cover and cook (no tea towel) on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours. When chicken is fully cooked, remove to separate bowl and shred with 2 forks.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, cream cheese and grated cheese to chicken and toss. Set aside chicken.
- Whisk together corn starch and water and add to crock and stir. Break noodles in half, if desired, and place in crock. Top with chicken and cover. Cook for an additional 30-45 minutes on high until pasta is fully cooked. Stir 3-4 times if you can (I did not and it was ok).
- If pasta is not done you can add extra water, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil if desired and serve immediately.
- Makes 16 1/2 cup servings.
- Weight Watcher Points Plus are 5PP per 1/2 cup serving.
- If you do not have ranch dressing here is a link to make your own: https://www.facebook.com/notes/slow-cooker-recipes-4-families/drysubstitute-recipe-mixes/475838759206215
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think