Submitted by ANTHEA HILL
- 6-8 Chicken thighs, roughly cut up.
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cm ginger, peeled & minced (or 2 tsp pre-minced)
- 10-12 Cardamon Pods
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- small can of tomato paste
- 400g can light coconut milk/cream
- Heat a frypan and add garlic, onions and ginger. Stir frequently for 30 seconds. Add Cardamon pods, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder, salt, tomato paste, coconut milk and stir to combine. Transfer sauce to the slow cooker and add then add chicken. Stir to cover chicken in sauce. Cover with a lid and cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 5 hours.
- It is advisable to not add the full can of coconut milk/cream at the start. Towards the end I used some of the remaining coconut milk/cream and cornflour to thicken the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think