Submitted by Zoe Notman
Chicken Liver Pate
- 600g chopped chicken livers
- 45 mls brandy
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp sage or thyme
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt and black pepper
- Fry the liver and onions in 15g of the butter in a skillet with some seasoning.
- After 3 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the brandy, you could flame it to get rid of the alcohol but leave the flavour.
- Stir in the remaining butter and the sage or thyme.
- Put the pate to a well greased terrine, cover it tightly, and put it in the slow cooker.
- Pour water into the slow cooker, halfway up the terrine.
- Cook 1 hour on high and then 8 hours on low. If I am going out I don't bother about the hour on high and it hasn't much difference. I just cook for a bit longer in my 6 litre cooker
- If you love parfait like I do, place the liver and onion in a blender instead of chopping.
- You could always place in smaller pots for individual servings.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Chicken Liver Pate”
Would I blend the liver and onions pre cooking?
you need to add fat (eg speck or streaky bacon) this will give you a moisture lushes mouth feel