This recipe is SO simple, SO tasty and SO impressive on a plate. I put the drumsticks in the oven at the end to crisp the bacon while the sauce thickens but this is not necessary. Warning: This is very filling!!!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 4 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 40 mins
Yields: 4-6 Servings
6 Chicken drumsticks
6 Rashers Bacon
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey mustard
sprinkling of mixed herbs
6 whole silver beet leaves
cornflower & water to thicken sauce.
11. Wrap each chicken drumstick with a bacon rasher and place on the bottom of slow cooker.
22. Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
33. Combine wine, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey mustard in a jar and pour over chicken.
44. Cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.
55. Thicken with water and cornflour towards the end to create a runny sauce.
1Boil your potatoes with a little juice from slow cooker. Mash with lots of butter and pepper.
1Steam the silver beet over the boiling potatoes with a squeeze of lemon juice over them.
1Lay a bed of mashed potato on plate. Place lightly steamed silver beet on top of potato, then nestle a drumstick on top with a drizzling of sauce. Absolute perfection!