Submitted by Joy Bartlett
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 - 3 cms grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 750 g chicken thighs diced
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 400ml light coconut cream
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, halved
- 2 -3 kafir lime leaves
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 500g fresh egg noodles
- 2 cups green beans sliced
- Chopped coriander leaves and/or bean sprouts to garnish
- Heat the oil , fry up the onion, ginger, garlic.
- Add the curry powder, fry another 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, cook till it loses its pink colour.
- Transfer to slow cooker, stir in the peanut butter and coconut cream.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the noodles, beans, coriander and sprouts.
- Cook on Low 6 - 8 hours or High 3 - 4 hours
- At the end of cooking add the noodles and beans and cook another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and/or sprouts.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Chicken Laksa”
Great recipe, never fails, I add some variations like tofu, fried eggplant and both thin and thick noodles but the basics are fantastic Laksa flavour and so easy in the slow cooker. I have been telling everyone about this recipe. Thanks!
I tried this last night for the first time. I liked the outcome but felt it was missing something..it was – I forgot the fish sauce and that is definitely needed. Will definitely try this again.
Only used 1 onion and didn’t use lime leaves or fish oil!
Cooked fam of 6 with leftovers for tomorrow lunch 🙂