Submitted by Nikki
- 2 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp paprika
- 2tbsp ground almonds
- 1Tbsp garam masala
- 1tsp red curry paste (optional)
- 3tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken or vege stock
- 1.5kg Chicken - I used boneless thighs
- 2/3 cup yoghurt
- 2 rounded Tbsp cornflour
- Finely dice onions, crush garlic, mince ginger. Put this with a little oil into a frying pan on low heat and cook until onions translucent, approx 5 minutes
- Add salt, paprika, ground almonds, Garam Masala, red curry paste (optional). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stock, cook 2 minutes.
- Place korma mix into slow cooker and add in chicken that has been diced into approx 1 inch cubes.
- Mix cornflour and yoghurt and add in for last 20 minutes, turn cooker off when you do this.
- I cooked this on high for 1st hour and then turned to low for 3hrs. It could all be done on low for 5-6 hrs.
- This can also be done with lamb, beef or vegetables. The beef version I did 1st hr on high and then 4 hrs on low.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think