Submitted by Larissa Waring
- 750g chicken tenderloins
- 2x jars of Korma simmer sauce (I used Countdown brand)
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 orange kumara (sweet potato), diced into small pieces
- 420g tin of coconut milk
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Blend spinach, cashew butter, and half a jar of Korma sauce until smooth.
- Blend turmeric in too (I added this purely to counteract the very green colour of the sauce owing to the spinach. It didn't appear to do anything at first, but was more orangey colour again by the time it was cooked).
- Combine the blended mix with the other 1.5 jars of sauce and bone broth and pour over the chicken.
- Add kumara.
- Cook for 5.5 hours on low.
- In the last half hour, I chopped the very tender chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add coconut milk and mix through. At this point I decided to try and make more of a soupier consistency of the kumara and chicken in the hopes the kids wouldn't pick parts out. You could leave chunkier pieces if you prefer.
- Serve with rice.
- This was quite mild owing to the coconut milk. Some may prefer to add a little curry powder.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think