Submitted by Jacqueline Stock
- Chicken ( breast/legs,drumsticks up to you)
- 3 handfuls Spinach
- 1-2 cups sliced Mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons Garlic (i love garlic)
- mixed Herbs
- 6 rashers bacon cut into 4 bits each piece
- 1 block Philly cheese
- 1 chopped Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Chicken stock powder
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- Can chicken condensed soup
- 6 Potato's cut in quarters washed skin on
- to add later
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 large squash in quarters
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- Add everything except the zucchini,broccoli,pumpkin and squash
- Cook on high for 2.5hrs or low for 5.5hrs
- Occasionally give it a stir then in the last hour-1/2 hour add the zucchini,broccoli,pumpkin and squash
- When done serve and enjoy 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
15 thoughts on “Chicken Heaven”
This is so yummy but can the leftovers be frozen?
What did you serve it with?
This was great. I only used two teaspoons of crushed garlic which was enough for our taste buds. I would only use 1/2 tbsp of chicken stock next time as it was quite salty. I mixed in about 4 tbsp of cream cheese just before serving. Whole house smelt so good ?
Was a great hit in the family here so thank you 😉
I made this but followed the recipe out of slow cooker central book.. Yummy. Just wouldn’t add as much cream cheese next time ?
Was yummy. I just adds bacon mushrooms spinach cream cheese n had kids loving it. Thanks so much.
This was amazing!! I left the lid off for the last 45mins to thicken, also added some par cooked penne pasta.
It was definitely a hit in my house, bowl licking good 🙂
How much chicken do you use??
I would use up to 1kg myself for this one … maybe 1.5kg 🙂
Cooking this today but from the book so the recipe is slightly different to this one (no zucchini , corn or pumpkin). I didn’t have bacon so left it out but it is so salty. I must admit I haven’t been using the condensed soups for over 12 months – I’m diabetic and salt levels in these soups is way more than daily levels so perhaps that is the problem.
Different recipe then from the book, haven’t tried this one but have tried the book one and it’s one of my favourite meals. The taste is amazing!!! Great for fussy eaters also!
Made the recipe from the book tonight. Nice flavours, but Way to rich, kids and husband thought the same, shame, now I have all the leftovers and dont know what to do with them.
What about making a cottage pie with it – the potato topping may balance out the other flavours more to your liking? 🙂
Did the app recipe … no veges .. was lovely .
Yum this was delicious, looking forward to let overs tonight for dinner