Submitted by Melanie Miller
Chicken, bacon & mushroom risotto
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 chicken fillets, cut into small pieces
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together (except parmesan) and cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on your cooker.
- Stir every hour or so and stop cooking when rice is done.
- Add Parmesan within the last half an hour of finishing and some for serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!