Submitted by Danica Gallen
Chicken, Bacon and Corn Chowder
- 3 onions diced
- 3 sticks celery diced
- 1 leek diced
- 3tbsp butter
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 1 pkt cream of chicken soup base
- 1tbsp chicken vegeta stock
- 1tbsp vegeta stock
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 potatoes diced
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can sweet corn kernals
- 2L chicken stock
- 650g raw chicken breast
- 400g diced bacon
- 1/2 tin evaporated milk
- Saute leek, onion and celery in pan with butter. Add flour, soup mix and both vegeta stocks. Cook off flour, and stir in half of the chicken stock.
- Pour into sc. Add carrots, potatoes, creamed corn, sweet corn, raw chicken breasts and remaining chicken stock, and top up with water. Stir, cook on low 4hrs.
- Add bacon (I crisped mine up in the oven) and evaporated milk. Cook on low 2hrs or until potato and carrots are cooked.
- Take breasts out, shred with forks and return to sc.
- This is already a thick soup, but you can always take out a bowl full, blend, and return.
- Serve with buttery toast/ bread roll and a swirl of cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!