Submitted by Alysa
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1kg chicken drum sticks
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 sticks celery
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- Chunk of pumpkin
- 1 parsnip
- 1 zucchini
- 1 capscicum
- Bunch or fresh or 2 cups frozen beans
- Cup of frozen corn
- Cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cut up broccoli
- 2 cups cut up cauliflower
- Garlic to suit your taste
- Chilli to suit your taste
- 4 chicken stock cubes mixed in with sufficient water to cover all ingredients.
- Risoni - add an hour before serving
- Parsley chopped up, stir through 15 minutes before serving
- Put all vegetable ingredients chopped up into bite size pieces into the slow cooker with the chicken drum sticks, garlic, salt, pepper, chilli.
- Put in the chicken stock with water.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on LOW or 4-6 on HIGH
- Add risoni 1 hour before serving
- 15 minutes before serving remove flesh from drumsticks discarding bones
- Add parsely
- Add extra chicken stock if needed.
- Serve chunky or slightly blend before serving if wanted.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think