This is a traditional Filipino dish that I have adjusted to suit the slow cooker.
Submitted by Rebecca Ruse
This is a traditional Philippino dish that I have adjusted to suit the slow cooker.
- 4 to 5 pounds (2kg) chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Steamed rice, for serving.
- Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Cook the chicken on Low in the slow cooker , cover for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think