This is a traditional Filipino dish that I have adjusted to suit the slow cooker.
Submitted by Rebecca Ruse
This is a traditional Philippino dish that I have adjusted to suit the slow cooker.
- 4 to 5 pounds (2kg) chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Steamed rice, for serving.
- Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Cook the chicken on Low in the slow cooker , cover for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!