Submitted by Dasammit
Cheesy Tomato Chicken Meatballs
- 1 tin tomato soup
- 1/2 diced onion
- 500gr chicken mince
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs (as needed until combined)
- spices (paprika, pepper, chili) 1/2 tsp each
- fresh parsley
- baby bocconcini
- Mix chicken mince by hand until it forms a paste.
- Add in spices, egg and mix again.
- Add in enough breadcrumbs to form patties without falling apart (usually 1/2 cup but more for wetter mince).
- Grab a ball of mince mix and push a small bocconcini into the middle, and reform the mince around it to form a ball.
- Roll them around in your hand until the cheese is covered.
- Add tomato soup and onions into slow cooker.
- Place chicken balls into soup mix.
- Cook on high for 4hrs or until chicken is cooked.
- If you have a larger slow cooker or are wanting to double the recipe, add in another tin of tomato soup or a cup of water.
- This recipe has been tried with coles brand tomato soup and aldi brand with successful results.
- Serve with vegetables or mashed potato.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!