Nothing says Aussie like meat pies and vegemite right?
So what’s even more Aussie then combining the two in the same pie!
Just a spoonful of vegemite during the cooking gives the hint of that traditional flavour then topped with melted cheese in a pie they are the perfect cheesy-mite meal 😊
Nothing says Aussie like meat pies and vegemite right? So what’s even more Aussie then combining the two in the same pie!
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, fine diced
- 1.5 tbsp vegemite
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp instant gravy powder
- 2 cups grated cheese
- frozen puff pastry sheets
- Combine all the pie filling ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5hrs
- Scoop and discard any excess oil from top prior to using pie filling in pies –however use of lean mince to begin with should minimise any excess fat/oil
- Using a pie maker, fill puff pastry base with pie filling, top with ¼ cup grated cheese on each pie, then puff pastry on top and cook 😊
- Cooked in a 6L slow cooker
- Makes 8 individual pies or 1 large family pie
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Cheesy-Mite Pies”
Really rich tasting. So easy to make and extremely filling. I have the leftover meat sauce in the freezer – enough for four more deep dish pies. Another great recipe Paulene, thank you.
Thanks so much Rita! 🙂
Made them last week and will definitely make again , I love Vegemite so I’m going to double it in the next batch.