Submitted by Melissa McClelland
Chargrilled Vegetable Frittata
- Spray oil
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 100g crumbled fetta
- Mixture can be doubled if required to feed a few!
- 1. Line Slowcooker dish with grease proof paper.
- 2. In a bowl, combine zucchini, pumpkin and capsicum. Add olive oil and toss well to coat.
- 3. Char grill vegetables for 4-5 minutes each side until golden and tender.
- 4. Chop vegetables coarsely and put in slowcooker dish. Top with spinach.
- 5. In a jug, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season to taste. Pour over the vegetables to cover. Sprinkle with fetta.
- 6. Cover lid with tea towel to absorb moisture and cook for 4-5 hours on low (depending on brand of slowcooker). Check after 4 hours with skewer if necessary. Can be also cooked on high for 2-3 hours but will be more dark brown on the outside but still delicious!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!