Submitted by Karen Stuckings
- 1/2 head of cauliflower florets (about 450 grams)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian dried mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons of favorite sauce
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese (more or less to suit taste)
- 2/3 cup toppings of your choice (I used cooked chicken, beef and shallots)
- Take cauliflower and grate or place in food processor pulsing to chop small.
- Steam cauliflower, I did this in microwave for around 10 minutes with 1/4 cup of water, until soft.
- Strain cauliflower and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- In a bowl beat your egg and add Parmesan, garlic and herbs, mix well. Add cauliflower and mix well, it will look like mash potato.
- Place mixture in lined sc evenly across bottom.
- Push firmly down with your hands, you want it compact.
- Place tea towel under lid and cook on high for 1 hour or until base is firm and no egg liquid is seen.
- Spread with sauce, then cheese and then toppings of your choice.
- Cook for 1/2 hour with tea towel under lid. I used 5.5L cookwell sc
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think