Submitted by Amanda kirk
Cauliflower and cheesy bacon soup
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ltr sodium reduced veggie stock
- 12oz light evaporated milk
- 1/4cup flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1.5 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon ( diced and cooked )
- Peel and cut all veggies into chunks
- Add all veggies and broth in slow cooker
- Cook on LOW for 4 hrs until veggies soft.
- Stir together flour , evaporated milk and skim milk
- Add to the slow cooker
- Turn cooker to HIGH for 1 hour. This will thicken soup.
- Use blender/stick to blend soup
- Add cheese and stir till melted leaving some chunks for texture
- Top with Greek yoghurt and bacon pieces and season to taste 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Cauliflower and cheesy bacon soup”
This soup is amazing. I like to add an extra potato or 2. It tastes just like a potato bake as it thickens up nicely. Highly recommended1
Made this today. Omg it was delicious!
I omitted celery as I cannot stand it, and garlic as I had none, but used garlic salt instead.
Us big ppl loved it, and will be added into our menu rotation. The littles didn’t eat it, but 1 wasn’t hungry at all, and the other didn’t like the bits (asd). I also added a sprinkle of cheese on top, coz well, cheese 😁
Coz well, cheese hahaha love it!