Submitted by Kim Bennett
Carolina Pulled Pork
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 (4-6lb) pork butt or shoulder roast (can use pork ribs as well)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place onions in crock pot. Blend brown sugar, paprika, salt & pepper. Rub over roast and place in crock pot. Drizzle liquid smoke over pork.
- Combine in a bowl vinegar, worcestershire, red pepper flakes, sugar, dry mustard, garlic and cayenne. Stir.
- Drizzle about 1/3 of vinegar mixture over roast. Cover remaining mixture and put aside. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Take out meat and pour liquid out. Shred/chop up pork till fine and put back in crock pot. Add a little bit of reserved mixture that was put aside to only keep it a tad moist not wet.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favorite coleslaw and a side of potato salad and hush puppies. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think