Submitted by Melissa Parkes
Caramel Pulled Pork
- 1.8kg Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eschalots, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece of ginger cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Remove netting from port, cut rind and excess fat from pork and discard. (i kept the rind and made crackling)
- Cut pork into 8 large pieces. Place into large snap lock bag with flour, season with salt and pepper, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook pork in batches for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add eschalots, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and transfer to slow cooker.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, stock, lime juice, fish sauce and kecap manis. Stir to combine, Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Roughly shred pork into large pieces.
- Enjoy 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think