Submitted by Veronica Chandler
Caramel mud cake
- Caramel mud cake
- 380g can top 'n' fill (Nestle brand)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1: Turn on your slow cooker on high to perheat it.
- Step 2: Put Top 'n' Fill, sugar, vanilla, hot water and honey in large mixing bowl. Beat until all blended.
- Step 3: Add 3 eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in flour with wooden spoon than beat until well combined.
- Step 4: Line slow cooker bowl with baking paper. Pour Batter into bowl. Cook 2 hours on high
- Step 5: Melt the butter in pan on top of stove. Stir in tablespoons milk and brown sugar. For one minute boil vigorously.
- Step 6: Turn stove off. Place saucepan on heat mat on bench and beat in 1/2 cup icing sugar. Allow to cool slightly, than add vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup icing sugar. If icing is too thick is add a little more milk.
- Step 7: spread icing over cooled cake
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think