Submitted by Nikki Willis
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1.5cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Dumplings 1 (like a light scone)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cold butter
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Dumplings 2: (more like a cake)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Sauce - Place all ingredients in sc on high and leave to near boiling again, approx 1/2hr. (Alternatively, bring to boil in a pot and place into sc) While this is heating up, prepare the dumplings.
- Dumplings 1 - Mix dry ingredients together. Rub butter in. Add milk and mix well.
- (Handy tip for the butter, drop the cold butter into the dry ingreds and coat then grate into the dry ingreds.)
- Dumplings 2 - Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Then add flour and baking powder and mix.
- Finally add 1 Tbsp milk and mix well.
- With damp hands, roll the mix into approx 12 small dumplings.
- Carefully drop these into the Caramel Sauce mix. Place a tea towel under the lid of the sc.
- Cook on High for approx 40 minutes or high 20 minutes and then low 30 minutes.
- This quantity works well in a 3.5litre sc.
- (Members report that they cook it in a 1.5L cooker also)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
26 thoughts on “Caramel Dumplings”
Divine. Magical. Awesome. Naughty
All Rolled Into One.
Just made these for dessert. So quick, easy and yum! Substituted SR flour for the flour & baking powder. We all enjoyed this one ?
Saw this on the Facebook page and, at the last minute, decided to give it a go. Had all the ingredients in already. Our son is severely allergic to egg so we had dumplings 1. This was delicious with some vanilla ice cream! Thanks!
This reciepe is like my grandmothers except we add golden syrup in the sauce as well …
This was amazing! So easy, I had all the ingredients. The kids absolutely loved it and i’ll be making this again.
What is sc?
Made these for my grandchildren tonight, used the eggless recipe. They loved them. So easy to make & quick to cook.
At last minute decided to whip these up, they are so easy and delicious with minimal ingredients. Timing was pretty much spot on, although the sauce was still quite runny. Very yummy with a scoop of ice cream.
(Dumplings 1 (eggless) recipe)
This is my families absolute FAV slow cooker dessert recipe (we use the light scone mixture). LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
This is one of my families favourite slow cooker desserts of all time. I use the light scone dough – Absolutely delicious, YUM!!!
These are awesome a hit in my house… I cooked them alittle longer only because i forgot about them…. Ooooops!! They are great with custard….
simple delicious decadence!
So yummy and not to mention easy – thank you x
Delicious and so easy – thanks for such a great recipe x
Made these tonight with the first dumpling/scone recipe and they wer fantastic. Enjoyed by my whole family with ice cream. Easy and tasty 👍
This is great as a Thanksgiving side dish. It goes great with ham. This was one of my mother’s recipes growing up. These were those special occasion dishes that were always a hit.
Good recipe but i made the cake version and found it to be a little too dense for our liking but great taste so will use the scone version next time.
what does sc mean someone please help?
Slow Cooker Emma 🙂
Yum! I did the #2 dumpling mix and didn’t have plain flour so just used SR flour and left out the baking powder. They were delicious and perfect size recipe for the 1.5 litre SC. Made approx 10 dumplings.
S/C means slow cooker
These were very quick and easy to make. I made the cake version but found it too dense. I will make again using the scone version next time.
Made these tonight yummy so easy and tasty ❣️❣️❣️
Yum! Yum! Yum! My son said it was ‘satisfyingly delicious’ and my daughter said it was ‘top notch’. I have to agree with both of them.
I came across this one about half an hour before tea and decided to go for it. It was SO EASY to make and quite QUICK from start to finish. I used the 1.5L and it fit perfectly. I made 7 decent sized dumplings from the mix. Will make 8 next time so we have 2 each. The sauce was so TASTY. It was a little runny but it was PERFECT with the dumplings and ice-cream. Maybe more dumplings would soak in more sauce. Either way, we will definitely make this again!!!
Added choco chips to Dough yum. Even went back for 2nds. Definitely making again.