Submitted by Tanya Eade
Caramel Banana Whirls
- 75g butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- Sauce: (sauce soaks into Whirls when it bakes, so if you want extra saucey goodness at the end, double this mixture).
- 2 Tablespoons Golden syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Rub butter into flour & baking powder, add sufficient milk to form a scone dough.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface in a rectangle shape. Spread banana over and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll and cut.
- Line slow cooker with baking paper and then lightly spray with cooking spray. Put the whirls into the slow cooker.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 2 minutes and stir.
- Pour the sauce over the whirls and place a tea towel over the slow cooker and then the lid. Cook on high for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Best served with ice cream or cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!