Submitted by Nikki
Cake topped fruit
- 1 425 g tin of fruit
- 2 Tbsp custard powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Place fruit including juice into the slow cooker, add custard powder and stir well. Turn on high to start heating while preparing cake topping
- Beat egg and sugar together, add milk and mix well. Add the liquid to the flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Spread this mix over the top of the fruit.
- Cook for approx 90 minutes on high in 1.5 litre sc
- I did this in my 1.5 litre but next time would do it in my 3.5 litre, this may reduce the cooking time of the cake topping to approx 1hr
- Use Tea Towel under lid when cooking.
- *Optional* Add larger than 425g tin of fruit if you prefer more
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!