Submitted by Mareea Mernin
Butter Lamb Shanks
- 3-4 lamb shanks
- 3 carrots chopped in thirds.
- 1tbs butter
- 1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1-2 teaspoons of marrocan spices
- 1 fresh rosemary stalk
- 1 jar of Patak's original Mild Butter Chicken simmer sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Place a good knob of butter in the slow cooker along with the garlic, let that melt.
- Trim fat of the shanks and seal them in a hot frying pan.
- Rub the marroccan spice over the shanks then add to the slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of butter sauce over the shanks and 1/4 of the jar of water.
- Add the diced red onion and chopped spring onion. Some salt and pepper. Cut Rosemary stalk into 3-4 pieces and place on top of each shank.
- Cook on high for first hour and then on low for another 4-5hrs, I added carrots 3hrs before serving.
- Serve on a bed of your favorite mash, cauliflower and the carrots. Yum enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think