Submitted by kathleen robertson
- 2 chicken breasts( whole)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp of red chilli ( adjust to your taste )
- 6 cloves
- 8- 10 peppercorns
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3-4 cardamon pod seeds
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1 can of 400g tin tomatos blended into smooth paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 .Mix the chicken, lime juice and chilli powder and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a flat pan and gently roast the cloves, pepper corns, and cinnamon ( stirring frequently), until they toast slightly. allow the mixture to cool and add cardamon seeds. use a mortar and pestle and grind into a fine powder.
- 3. Mix the yogurt, cumin, turmeric and coriander powder and spice mix, pour on chicken and marinate for 1 hour in fridge or over night.
- 4. Place chicken in slow cooker, add garlic, ginger, stock and tin tomatoes.
- 5. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- 6. Take whole breast out and shred with tongs and fork and add back to slow cooker cook for further 1 hour and serve with mash or rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!