Submitted by Terri
- 3 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder or 1-2 chilies finely chopped (remove seeds if you don't want it too hot)
- Combine with water to make 1 cup
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 large onions, cut 1 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 750g – 1kg of stewing beef cut into cubes
- Potato’s – as many as you want
- 1 lemon – juiced
- Small tin peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Approx ¼ - ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty bread to serve
- You can use a searing slow cooker or deep frypan to start:
- Cook the onions, garlic and mustard seeds in the oil until soft.
- Add spice paste to onion mixture and stir well.
- Add meat and stir till until coated, then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Place in
- Slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!