Submitted by Laraine Palmer
Bread and Butter Pudding
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 8 thin slices buttered bread
- Icing sugar or caster sugar
- A little extra butter for greasing slow cooker.
- Grease inside slow cooker with butter.
- Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in saucepan. Stir to dissolve sugar, slowly bring to the boil. Immediately remove from heat. Cool.
- Beat together eggs and cream then gradually,whisk in milk mixture.
- Spread half the bread with jam and cut in quarters. Place in slow cooker, slightly overlapping layers. Sprinkle with sultanas. Repeat process with the remaining non jammed bread and sultanas.
- Gently pour cream mixture over bread. Press down lightly to compress and coat well in cream mix.
- Cook on low for 2.5 hours. At 2 hours, sprinkle with cinnamon and icing sugar or caster sugar.
- *Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Bread and Butter Pudding”
yummy and easy. turned out great
Tried this last night. Was very sceptical but oh my goodness! Turned out very yummy. I used apple crumble topping and did overdo it a bit with the cinnamon but everyone’s bowls were empty!
Cooked this tonight! Finished it off in the oven for 10 mins, and was great!! My partner loved it and it took him back to his childhood. Thanks!
This was really really nice and the whole family loved it too. I skipped the jam and when I do this again (sson) I’ll finish it in the oven for 10 minutes for crispy crusts. Highly recommended for dessert!
It was yummy I used up some date scones instead of bread
Yummy I used some left over date scones
Yummy made it with left over date scones 10 out of 10