Submitted by Lia
Braised Red Cabbage
We have on Christmas day with turkey but equally good with duck, lamb, pork or beef.
- Whole red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 red onions thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 apples (any type) grated
- 3 tablespoons cranberries or raisins
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Layer in slow cooker cabbage, onion, apple and raisin. Repeat 3 times then end with a final layer of cabbage.
- Spoon over vinegar and sugar
- Low for 4/6 hours
- Stir occasionally if passing
- We have on Christmas day with turkey but equally good with duck, lamb, pork or beef.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!