Submitted by Rachel Chin
Braised Beef Brisket
- 1.5kg Beef brisket
- 4 large carrots
- 2 heaps tbsp Chu hou sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of rice wine
- White pepper
- 2 pieces of Preserved bean curd(fu rou)
- 10 Fennel seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- Cut beef brisket and carrots into chunks.
- Put beef brisket into pot, pour in water and bring to boil for 15 mins. Take it out and rinse with cold water under tap. Marinate beef brisket with soy sauce, rice wine and pepper for half an hour.
- Heat the frying pan and pour in some oil and stir fry garlic and ginger.
- Put in chu hou sauce and preserved bean curd. Stir fry quickly and put in beef brisket.
- Continue stirring to coat the beef with the sauce.
- Take it out and transfer to slow cooker and pour in 200ml of water.
- Cook it on low for 8 hours.
- After the first 4 hours, put in fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, star anise and carrots.
- Submitted by Rachel Chin
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think