Submitted by Joanne Talarico
- 1 kilo of beef Schnitzel
- 1 x 200g packet of stuffing mixture
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag of fresh spinach 280g
- 150 grams of prosciutto
- fresh basil leaves
- 250 grams of mozzarella cheese ( I buy the mozzarella ball/pear and slice it myself
- 2 x 680g bottles of Passata tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Italian mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound out the meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 3 eggs to the stuffing and mix well.
- Lay meat out and start layering the ingredients. Prosciutto, spinach, basil, mozzarella and then stuffing mixture. Fold the ends of the prosciutto over the filling ( to stop it from leaking out) then roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Add pasatta, 4 basil leaves, 2 tablespoons of Italian mixed herbs and some salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Stir well.
- Sear the rolls off and add to slow cooker.
- Cook for 6 to 7 hours on low.
- I use the tea towel trick only when I am home.
- Serve with crispy bread, mashed potato or pasta.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think